Good in my view means–
1) Proactively reaching out to the appropriate media,
2) Developing relationships with the aforementioned media,
3) Continuing to nurture those relationships over a long period of time, rather than just picking up the phone whenever the press release comes out.
4) Listens to editors preferences on how to receive news, be briefed, and the like…
5) And if all else fails, keeps on trying in a friendly, non-pesky way.
Pretty simple, right?
Too many companies think PR is an “instant on” effort and if you send out a couple of press releases, you’ll end up on the front (web) page of the Wall Street Journal in 30 days or less.
Well, good luck with that.